Monday, July 20, 2009

Hat Head 7*20*09

My silly man, Super G.

This morning Super G inspired me to blog about my little guys' personalities. He picked up that shirt from the laundry basket and spent a good bit of time entertaining me by making it into various hats. (Who knew he even knew about the kippah ? Must be all that PBS he watches.) Anyway, we had a blast and he LOVED being the one to make me laugh. Sometimes when I am chatting with people I get caught up in how "serious" he is...especially compared to our future class clown/powerful politician E. I forget to tell the stories of all the comical things he does. I focus instead on "contrasting" him with his twin. Well, his personality is much more complex than that...all the boys' personalities are more complex than the stereotypical characteristics I tend to fall back on when the conversation turns to my kiddos. I know there is no way to really convey what they are really like to anyone who doesn't spend many hours a day with them, but I'll do a little breakdown of how I see them.

Big C is my love. He is as sweet as sugar always wanting to please people and full of joy. He is a huge ham and loves to be the center of attention even when proclaiming that he is "a little bit shy". He is full of wonder and has an incredible imagination. He amazes me daily with the things he knows, says, and dreams up. I always say that I think he should have his own television show. I think he'd get great ratings.

Little E is my tough guy. I have a feeling that he will be the child that I don't ever really "worry" about. That kid can take care of himself. He takes no guff. He is extremely social and winningly friendly and always looking to get a laugh. Overall, maybe b/c he is the "middle child" or maybe b/c he is just convinced that he deserves everything, he takes what he wants, fights for what is his, and isn't afraid to play dirty. I am so impressed with his confidence.

Little G is my mystery child. When he was born, I would look into his eyes and want to know what he was thinking. I still have no idea. He is a hard-core momma's boy with a super sweet core. He loves to share things with everyone and give hugs and kisses, but you would never know by just looking at his expression. He can run hot and cold and you just are never quite sure where you stand with him. I am quite sure he is going to drive his girlfriends insane. As you can tell from today's picture, he obviously has a super silly side too and is so happy to make people laugh.

Maybe I have a houseful of future comedians? I don't know. I do know that I am so lucky to have them.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 5